Thursday, March 1, 2012

Song of the moment "I Won't Give Up" by Jason Mraz


Ahhhhh music.  I love music and how it makes me feel.  It's all about feeling.  Do you ever notice how a song can transport you in time and flood you with memories of a time, event or place in your past?  

Today I am sharing one of my new favorites by Jason Mraz.  Jason is known for his songwriting and this song moves me.  It's about not giving up on a relationship that means so much and if the relationship has to end then at least you tried. And in the process you learned more about yourself.  I have posted a link to his video from YouTube below.  I also posted a young and upcoming singer named Christina Grimmie singing his song too.  Wow, she blew my socks off!  

Enjoy


Lyrics

When I look into your eyes
It’s like watching the night sky
Or a beautiful sunrise
There’s so much they hold

Just like them old stars
I see that you’ve come so far
To be right where you are
How old is your soul?

I won’t give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I’m giving you all my love
I’m still looking up

And when you’re needing space
To do some navigating
I’ll be here patiently waiting
To see what you find

‘Causeeven the stars they burn
Some evenfall to the earth
We got alot to learn
God knowswe’re worth it
No Iwon’t give up, no

I don’twant to be someone who walks away so easily
I’m hereto stay and make the difference that I can make

Ourdifferences they do a lot to teach us how to use the tools and gifts we got,yeah, we got a lot at stake
And inthe end you’re still my friend
At leastwe did intend for us to work
We didn’tbreak
We didn’tburn
We had tolearn how to bend without the world caving in
I had tolearn what I got
And whatI’m not
And who Iam

I won’t give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I’m giving you all my love
God knows we're worth it







No comments:

Post a Comment